Little Doward Hillfort Overlooking the Wye Works Completed
- Removal of conifers to reveal the Iron Age hillfort features beneath the woodland.
- Archaeological surveys and two phases of excavations to explore and record the historic features on the site.
- Re-building of the dry stone walls, originally bordering the Wyastone estate.
- Ongoing maintenance of the site managed partly through the introduction of grazing cattle.
- Information panels at the entrances to the site to explain the features of interest.
- Trail leaflet detailing a walk connecting Little Doward hillfort and Symonds Yat Rock hillfort (via King Arthur’s Cave, the Biblins, New Weir Forge and Symonds Yat West limekilns).
- Car park