Symonds Yat Rock Hillfort Overlooking the Wye Works completed
• Creation of new wooden all-ability walkway to enable all visitors to reach iconic viewpoint at Yat Rock
• Creation of ‘cut through’ sections in the wall to enable lower level sight of the view.
• Repair of the ramparts in the Iron Age Hillfort
• Information panels to explain the geological and archaeological significance of the site.
• Creation of a 3D model of the Iron Age Hillfort at Symonds Yat Rock.
• Interpretation/orientation panels to explain history of site and potential sites to visit within the wider Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).
• Trail leaflet describing walk from Symonds Yat Rock to Little Doward, linking the two hillforts (via the hand rope ferry, Symonds Yat limekiln, New Weir Forge, The Biblins and King Arthur’s Cave)
- Car park