Chepstow Docks Overlooking the Wye

Works completed:
• Series of ceramic plaques describing the industrial history of Chepstow Docks
• Metalwork sculpture portraying the shipbuilding history of Chepstow, designed by Ray Smith and made by apprentices at Mabey Bridge Ltd.  This company has its origins dating back to 1849 with the construction of Brunel’s Wye railway bridge by Edward Finch & Company who established a yard in the area.  The yard later diversified into shipbuilding and in due course the company became Fairfield-Mabey Ltd who now specialise in steelwork for bridges and wind turbines.

Facilities

  • Information
  • Car park