Site Owner: National Trust www.nationaltrust.org.uk tel:01600 719241
This is a National Trust property with landscaped grounds and outstanding views. In the late 18th century the ‘Monmouth Picnic Club’ erected the Round House for dining and also the stone picnic tables in Beaulieu Grove which were laid out as a promenade. The Naval Temple was dedicated on the second anniversary of Nelson’s victory over the French fleet at the Battle of Abu Kir Bay (Battle of the Nile). Nelson himself visited and dined at the site in 1802.
Facilities in White House restricted opening
- Car park